Thursday, February 25, 2010

On a Roll!

I worked on four necklaces yesterday and my elbows are still aching from it. Oh Well - I guess I need to just do one necklace a day. But a couple of them were very simple so I kept pushing to get them finished.


This 30 inch necklace was created with a heavier chain and a large 3 inch in diameter charm that is made up of silver and black with a rhinestone gleaming quietly. I didn't make matching earrings for this one - I have included a purchased set of silver and black stud earrings as seen below. This set will sell for $16.00

This group of necklaces are an interesting conglomeration! The newest style of necklace that everyone is wearing are what I call charm necklaces - gobby combinations a lot of the time. I saw some last week that I tried to reproduce yesterday. Actually I have tried making backpack or purse charms but they don't hold up the the banging around that they get so I haven't sold any of them. I am trying to use heavier duty stuff but the spring rings are simply too weak and they break. However, I took one of them apart and created the Black Moon Charm Necklace - I like it and hope you do too. In the future you will see additional attempts of charm necklaces as I have a lot of different ideas -


The chain is a nice necklace chain that I cut pieces off of one end so I could add the danglies - then I beaded a five inch section with black cloissoine beads and silver spacers to add interest to the left side of the necklace. It has a lobster claw closure above the charms but at 27 inches it is long enough to go over your head. The earrings are a simple dangle of the cloissoine bead and silver spacers. The set will sell for $20.00


In the last blog I had made and posted a necklace called "Nested Pearl". I explained that these pearls were created in the oyster as a spec of sand nestled on the hinge part of the clam shell and so instead of a perfect round oyster you had a bumpy flat'ish' disfigured pearl - much bigger but for years was considered waste. Finally someone realized the beauty of these pearls and I was able to purchase four of them already set in silver toned settings.

I took this nested pearl and simply put it on a snake style silver toned chain - The 19 inch chain was purchased with a lobster claw closure but I removed that and put a magnet closure for easier wearing. I put the earrings that I had made for my first nested pearl with this necklace as it was too busy for the first necklace. This is a much more comfortable set and I called it Simply Pearls because it is just that. The set will set for just $18...and of course I can make any type of earrings for it that you would like

Here is the first necklace and I made simple drop earrings for it as the loops made it too busy.
The freshwater pearls that I beaded have such a small opening I can't put them on the pin that I use to create a coil wrapped piece so I had to use a normal pearl that is the same tones as the nested pearls. And of course the filligreed silver tone spacer beads match. Though this necklace is only 18 inches and nestles right at the base of your throat it can be made two or four inches longer if you desired.

This is another of the nested pearls, but instead of being white or creamy it has the greyish mother of pearl look - So I added grey freshwater pearls, and iridescent pony beads in purple and green and grey and blue with silver spacer beads. The 20 inch necklace has a magnet closure and triple drop earrings on hypoallergenic fish hook wires and will sell for $20.00
The final necklace here is one I made in Quartzsite one day - and packed it up with my other necklaces and forgot all about it until I was organizing them on Monday. It had never been photographed or listed ... or even named.

I had bought the iridescent crystals at the RV show (of all places) and sat down and created an illusion necklace with them. The groupings of iridescent beads and silver spacers are spread out and look much prettier on than they do in the picture. They sparkle so beautifully. With matching earrings this set sells for only $15.00

No comments: